Argie Salango and I had been planning a big shoot involving 5 male models per trend last season. We've been talking about the styling, props, and how each trend stand on its own, and each model has different styling than the others. It was cancelled several times due to models unavailability, Argie's sched conflicts with mine, and some neverending excuses.
Until this season, Fall 2012, we really fight for our scheds to execute our dreamshoot. During our elimination process, we collate all the trends from Paris, NY, and Milan, and seek correlation in our Philippine Fashion Week Menswear Holiday 2012. Given that majority of the menswear were already either sold or pulled, thus we are forced to go with the brands as well. Pulling out wont be as a breeze with the help of our styling interns Angela, Karen, and Kai. I also personally wanted to involve Kaye since she's been telling me wanted to grow more on men's. Check out the styling team!
Bare with me on my wasted-look :) Me, Argie, Karen, Angela, Kai, Kaye and Kristin. Thanks CraveMore for the cool necklace!
Check out some of best picks of the trend!
Royalties - double breasted, trench, and fur coats.
Academics - Tartans, Plaids and Checks, choose your patterns.
Crimson Reds - Any hues of Red.
To make the spread relevance, cohesive and applicable to us Filipinos, Argie and I agreed to have a color scheme, and attitude for the shoot. Here are just some of the pantone-colors for us to play around.
Finally, check out our full spread fashion editorial, released last August 31, Friday, in Manila Bulletin Fashion Section. Our very own September Issue! Special Thanks to More than a chair - Nostalgia Showroom for a very great and iconic location to shoot!
1st: KNIT REMIX - The knits is almost a staple clothing for colder BER season here in the Phils. Thank you Swatch - Giftgate for the color-candy watches.
2. VARSITY BLUES - Varsity Jackets can be seen in every major brands, from Zara Man, Massimo Dutti, Topman, Blue Inc., Folded & Hung, Forever21 Men, and even to online stores as Flying Dutchman.
3. LEATHERS - Who can wear all leathers here? Thus we just wanted to incorporate leather only as jackets, not the entire wardrobe.
4. JUST DANDY - tartans, plaids, and checks is a recurring trend from last Spring/Summer 2012 season. Check out laceups, and boatshoes all from Flying Dutchman.
5. REDS - we want to play around the shades of Reds here, and on the styling as well.
6. CLASSICS - the basic coat and tie, the black and white. Don't you just love this layout! Thanks alot Seven Barretto, man, you nailed this shoot!
7. DOUBLE BREASTED - I really thought is DOUBLE CHESTED, since I thought its weird to call it Breast for a guy! LOLS. Big trend for Fall is the envelope bag as well, thanks alot Myth.
8. MODERN VINTAGE - we don't to copy the modern 60's, thus we want to take a reference from Mark Twain's Huckleberry Finn character.
Of course, I want to credit Kristin Cornejo as well, for providing us the BTS Videography for this shoot, click link below!
Until next time! Cheers!
Photographer: Seven Barretto
Styling: Jear De Mc Cuttac & Argie Salango
Make-up: Rxandy Capinpin
Hair: Mark Familara
Styling Assistants: Kaye Awatin, Karen Umaly, Kai Macabata, & Angela Sarmiento
Location: More Than A Chair - Nostalgia Showroom