Tuesday, April 26

The Romp!

This is a series of shoots we have held in Dusit Thani in Makati. The concepts took me almost 3 weeks of planning from hotel reservation, proper pulls, model casting, and even what concepts to include. We did 5 total of editorial shoots, which of course I give out 2 editorials to my bessy Aiza and 3 to me. Why 5? I think why not maximize the hotel's amenities, and it's features while it's free and super cozy by the way. My previous release had been more of women's wear, this time, it's Robyn, and Rxandy's time!



Check out the 1st release:


The Romp, released Saturday, April 9, 2011. The concept is just about simple Menswear RTW SS2011 collection. Ready to wear clothing, very accessible in the Phils, which is summer friendly fit in our tropical country. Start of great pull, start with Topman-Rockwell with Aisa, me and Ana. Ana is extending her support to us, since we badly needed styling assistant in this crazy shoot. Thanks Ana! My niece, Pabby, and her new obssession of Brazillian model, Bruno. In fairness, cute and humble si Bruno. Having 2nd thoughts of him during the casting, since I only choose models thru thier setcards, and seeing bruno there actually is scary - super bulk, and mature, contrary to the obvious, hahaha, good thing I pushed on. Bare with the quality of photos, outrageously needed a cam. Below are the final layouts, which Rxandy shared some multiple layouts since the shots are really awesome! To pump up the looks, I decided to shoot it in Tosca room, it's an Italian Room in Dusit, accommodating special functions. I want to tell the story of contrasting the summer fun in a very formal, luxurious setting, and as per Madam Rxandy described it, "Super Juergen!". *Juergen Teller is a fashion photographer, who master the bright contrast of shots, and usually his shots depict irony of clothing versus luxe environ.
Regatta look: Beach Ready. Shoes, Paul Guzman's Mvrk 6.0 Mid Nike. Shades, Cavalli Topman look: Badboy Look. Shoes, Paul's Topman boat shoes F&H look: Surfer Dude. This is actually my 2nd option, yes, no clothing here, since I couldn't find the cargo jeans to go around with red floral print shirt to go with it. Well, I think it works since it's summer, odd not include skin exposure right? Oh, another stylist's own, my sterling cross necklace, and I gave it to Bruno, who couldn't resist his perseverance and charm! Springfield look: Renegade. Why not! It's my newly bought watch! hahaha. Oxygen Look: Party fun. Shoes, Paul's Air Jordan 1 High Nike. Product placement: Moet & Chandon champagne, one of our international brands. Nice, love working both! Diesel look: Hide & Seek. Shoes, Paul's Air Force Low Nike. A/X Armani Look: Dandy Hype.



This shoot might be controversial since we've been breaking house rules, one points learned, always coordinate first before shoot! Notes taken. One thought, why Zara is not here, exactly! I tried pulling in them but the shoot was held on Sunday, and Zara don't allow pull/return between Mon-Wed, thus I need to find alternative look for the shoot. I love Regatta's look here actually - simple, commercial and wearable.

Photographer: Rxandy Capinpin
Stylist: Jear De Mc Cuttac
Grooming: Robyn Calma
Assistant: Pabby Dane De Mc Cuttac
Model: Bruno Alves of Mercator

Special Thanks: Ms. Danelle Palang, Senior PR of Dusit Thani, Eliza Alunan of SSI, Mau of Mercator.

No comments:

Post a Comment