Friday, February 10

Illustrado Magazine - Dubai

To date, this is my first cover and the same time, main editorial spread for an international magazine, and I'm so privilege to be part in this team.

It started when I requested photographer Enzo Mondejar to do an fashion editorial for Manila Bulletin, thus our first collaboration. After a month, Enzo asked if I can style for Illustrado Magazine, a Dubai based magazine showcasing Filipino talents, and definitely, I said yes. The real challenge for this is that, I have 5 days to do pulls, and note I have a 3-day shoot in Palawan for Weddings & Beyond Magazine, thus I need uber extra hand to do the actual pull for me, and this is my loving JP Arriola comes in. Lo, another sweet memories I can always cherish here, wish you still here.

While I'm in Palawan, I email, call and text every menswear designers and brands for the shoot, and luckily, the favor is on me. Without further ado, check out our collaboration works below, released last October 2011.
Our cover featuring, Don Mendoza of Mercator.



Styling 101: Don't rely on setcards, model sizes usually are not updated. Thus, if it indicates waist line of 30, make it 32, same goes with the shoes, etc, have it 1 size bigger. It's better its loose so you can just clamp it!




Our first layout in Portofino Heights. Thanks to Mr. Joseph Celestino, Property Manager, who accommodate us in just 2 hours notice. Thanks to Diageo Phils' Ms. Jo Secarro, my link to Mr. Joseph.



Due to heavy rains, and really bad weather that time, we are forced to shoot some of the layouts, in the main building.






Outdoor becomes indoor.



We even tried shooting this next layout in the grass area along Daang Hari, Alabang, but security really are strict thus we agreed to shoot some in Enzo's Studio.



Outdoor, to indoor to studio...




Huge thanks to the team, especially Enzo, and the rest of the brands and designers who graciously allow me pull in such short notice.





ILLUSTRADO MAGAZINE - DUBAI OCTOBER 2011
The New Male Agenda


Photography: Enzo Mondejar
Styling: Jear De Mc Cuttac
Grooming: Kristin Lizandra Cornejo
Photography Assistant: Mac Eugenio


Model: Don Mendoza of Mercator

Shot on location at Portofino Heights Alabang



Special Thanks:

Myth - Noel Crisostomo, Randy Ortiz, Francis Libiran

Merger, Vin Orias, Anthony Nocom, Ulysses King, Hush Puppies, Sebago

No comments:

Post a Comment