Saturday, October 26

Style Weekend: Ms World 2013 Megan Young

When Megan Young won Ms. World Philippines, I thought why not do an editorial of her? I'm not a beauty pageant fan, I just love to witness the show occasionally but there's something about Megan that I'm drawn to do a must-have editorial shoot.   

This shoot actually is just a mere luck I guess... I believe the universe aligned with my master plan.  It was Sat/Sun and I thought why not just text Mau of Mercator since I saw previous  IG posting that she is somehow connected with the agency.  I texted Mau if its possible to have a shoot of her, just 2-3 hours will do. Luckily Mau confimed that Megan has only has this specified free time, Tues, 2-5pm ONLY! 

I immediately texted EIC Ms Liza Ilarde if we can do a cover story before her departure to Bali for Ms. World competition.  "YES, I thought she's busy, let's do an interview as well.  Thanks Jear", Liza replied, and so the saying goes, the rest is history!

One of the cover option of Megan! 

The photo that made it on the cover! Uber thanks as well to Photographer Bj Pascual who said Yes as well for this shoot! 

Check out the inspiration, and behind the scene looks!


Note that we need to execute pulls and the look for 1 day, that's Monday since the shoot is Tues. Here's some of the looks we made for the editorial.


 The official out takes released.


Our inspiration is the Film Noir, mid-century, waist detailed skirts, coat skirt, pencil and semi circle, and embodied by Grace Kelly, in a modern approach.  Of course, we are not Milan or Paris so we need to come up with a chic look yet very relatable to SW readers as well.  Hope you like it.




 One of the fave layout.

So proud of the styling team who are greatly involved in putting up the look, deliberation is tough but I know you are always ready to be part of the final cut of layouts. People just sometimes see the final look and how each layout or styling is done and looks easy or uninspired but we know we got a hell a lot of work just to execute in ONE day. THANK YOU!

Photography: Bj Pascual
Styling: Jear De Mc Cuttac + Kaye Awatin
Styling Associates: Cara Obligado, Patrick Pleno, Carvey Samonte

Make Up: Fatima Rabago
Hair: Mark Familara

Special thanks to Ms Liza and SW Team for the support.

Shout out to Mau and Mercator as well for making the shoot possible.




No comments:

Post a Comment