Friday, August 5

ColorFlow

When I finished my Fashion Styling study in FIP, under Sir John Herrera, last year, July 2010, I thought, why not do collaborations to built portfolio. I never thought of getting mainstream or serious about it. I messaged fashion photographer Seven Barretto, and opened that I just finished the program, and wanted to work with him for an ex-deal and just for our ports. Seven didn't hesitate and offered that he'll complete the team selection, and that's last year October 27, 2010.

I messaged Kermit Tesoro, and Tina Danaic, and Tina graced my request which I'm very honored, and shocked as well, risking her newest, and outstanding collection during the PFW SS2011. The shoot was so fun, that during the shoot, I'm both overwhelmed and nervous since working with Seven is already a privilege plus Mega's stylist Eldz was there as well. My mom, and niece Pabby was there as well to support me, guess all my family is in it, huh.


The final layouts draws attention that it was thought to be released in magazine, but unfortunately because of 1 designer feat it becomes a lookbook focusing on one designer alone, which we never thought of submitting since it's just for our ports and fun shoot. Later on, as I got a go signal from our hair stylist, Mark Baquiran, then I submit it to for Manila Bulletin. One week passed, and it was released. See the final layouts released last July 29, 2011.

The inspiration actually changes but the concept is that we want to make a strong interpretation since Tina's runway looks where already phenomenon and we don't want to compete or overdo it. Thus, we have our on say to it.
This is the afro-chic runway look... photos courtesy of Stylebible.ph.
Our make up artist, Lilian Yeung nailed the peg, and as you can see it's super fab. You can check her here http://www.lilianyeung.com. Hair Stylist Mark Baquiran has it's own suggestion which worked it out http://markbaquiran.carbonmade.com


Take a closer look of the final layouts:

Trivia: It took 3 persons to have the this blown shot. One to hold the fanning, and 2 heads to work on the garment throw.

Super thanks to Golddot as well for those fierce shoes! Check their rocking shoes http://golddot.multiply.com


Some additional/unpublished layouts, where I grab from Lilian's, and still amazes me.
Huge thanks to the team, guys I owe you one. Seven, man, you rock! Thank you so much! You can check Sev's works here http://www.sevenbarretto.net and these layouts were there as well, click Fashion 1 and just drag. Yippee!

Photography: Seven Barretto
Styling: Jear De Mc Cuttac
Make Up: Lilian Yeung
Hair: Mark Baquiran of L'Oreal Professionnel

Asst. Styling: Pabby De Mc Cuttac
Model: Zhenya

No comments:

Post a Comment